Thursday, March 06, 2008

"Repunzel, Repunzel, Let Down Your Golden Hair!"

As Jovey and I were finishing up blowdrying her hair tonight (I know. . . I'm not an overachiever, promise. . . but if I don't blow it dry, it has just enough wave to resemble a wet dog when I try to let it air dry, especially when mixed with bed head!), I just made comment on how long her hair was getting. Jovey's response was, "I know, mommy! It's like Repunzel hair," giggling all the while. I just stopped as we were both looking in the mirror and said, "Yes, Jovey, it's kinda like Repunzel hair, I guess, isn't it?"

Again, the connections this girl makes at her young age astound me and truly make me marvel at the abilities to form ideas that God has gifted to humans. As a young child, Jovey takes something common and attaches something familiar and in her head, fun! To her, life is just. . . .fun!

God, thank you for helping me appreciate the little things in life and the fun that they can be through the words and actions of my children each and every day!

No comments: