Monday, October 01, 2007

When I'm a big girl. . .


One of my favorite stories from our recent vacation with our bestest friends, the Willis fam, would have to be Jovey's response to Lillie's amazing (I'm not exaggerating, I just know that this child is half dolphin) and super cute pool skills. Lillie would dawn her goggles, as you can see from the pic, and just go under the water, no huge breaths, no huge drama, just pure skill. I think once I counted her staying under for more than 5 seconds, and for a 2 year old, that has to be some sort of record. When I tried to coax Jovey just to put her little face under the water, as she seemed just as amazed and truly interested after witnessing Lillie's feat as I was, Jovey quickly and excitedly responded, "Oh, no, Mommmy. I will go under the water when I'm a big girl like Lillie!" Just so you know, Jovey is almost exactly 2 months older than Lillie, but we won't tell Jovey that!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

haha... Funny, how our girls strengths are VASTLY different. My guess is that Jovey will be talking under water before you know it:)

I miss the beach soooo much. Lillie still refers to the condo as "Jovey's house." Maybe someday. We would defintiely make ourselves at home.

Lela Kay said...

Vastly different, but oh so cute and sweet just the same!

As for the beach, maybe God will lead us there someday and the Willis clan would be more than welcome to visit for sure! We would even devote a whole wing to you all to dump your sand in! We'll start drawing up plans now! Just make sure there is room in the new Willis abode for us when we need to be inland a bit!
:-)