Thursday, December 14, 2006

Just the right words

There are certain days when your children, no matter how wonderful or how cute, just tend
to. . .wear on every last nerve you possess. I had a day like that the other day, mostly due to lack of sleep, where everything was exaggerated and just not tolerated well by Jovey or myself.

So, to redeem herself, or so it seemed, Jovey decided to come up with 2 of the sweetest phrases, besides, "I love you, mommy." As we were sitting together, me still getting my emotions and thoughts together from the day before, Jovey says ever so sweetly, "Mommy, you're my friend" as she patted my leg. Of course, I melted and wanted to take back any inpatience or bad thoughts I had had of my beautiful, innocent little girl! Then, later, as I was begging her for a nap, and singing all the songs I could think of to calm her, even in her refusal to nap, she says, "Mommy, you're a great singer!" She grinned so large, knowing that was a good thing to say, and of course, I hugged her with all my might, needing to hear a compliment right then more than ever.

How can you deny such sweet sentiment from such big, wide eyes? I just know that someday, those phrases will come fewer and far between, so I cherish them now. . .even if she is learning to use them to make up for her earlier indescretions! :-)

No comments: