Friday, November 11, 2011

Sweat: Liquid Awesome


My bestie and I were just discussing fitness this morning, as we always do (among 1000's of other topics we can cover in a period of time while indulging in pumpkin soy lattes and splitting a cinnamon crunch bagel). We have always enjoyed "sweating." Well, maybe I should qualify this. She's always enjoyed sweating, as her days of an athlete/well above average active woman far surpass mine. Me? I have just learned to enjoy the roll of a good shin sweat over the last 4 1/2 years since I decided, or rather, God decided, that I owed it to Him and to my family and friends to be not just "OK" before Him, but to be EXCELLENT in all I strive to do, for His glory, which yes folks, includes your health and fitness! So, sweat quickly became my friend.

Sweat has so many scientific properties and is perfect for what the body needs (cooling down, releasing toxins, etc.), but sweat is also a good sign of a job well done in using the body as it was created. So next time you sweat from being "overly active" or as a result of a effective, quality, hard workout, think of it as "liquid awesome," or as "fat crying," but always think of it as a huge work of God to remind you that your body is a machine that was created BY Him and FOR Him!

16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. Colossians 1:16

No comments: